portageMaster is Java GUI for Gentoo's packaging system Portage. It is GUI and nothing more, simply executes shell commands in background thread, so please: all questions and complaints regarding compiling different packages and related errors belong on Gentoo mailing lists.
11.09.2003. : portagemaster-0.2.1.tar.bz2
Fixes : Huh! Its been a while! Parsing code is fixed so hopefully this release is not "braindead" like previous ones and should survive minor portage upgrades.
21.09.2002. : portagemaster-0.2.0.tar.bz2
Fixes : There have been changes in Portage output format (again) so this release will work with Portage-2.0.37 or later.
Added : "Deps" menu item.
- Graphical presentation of ebuilds (simplified file-browser with 'display only *.ebuild' enabled).
- Easy manipulation: emerge, unmerge etc.
- 'update world' and 'update system' support (these commands are NEVER executed, instead their '--pretend' result is displayed with further options).
- Running multiple emerges at the same time.
- Some kind of 'dja-buuu' applet to run while emerges are running in background ( 'smiley' and 'please wait' stuff is OK for now but a nice applet would be much better).
- Possible rewrite of the whole system as soon as all desired features are present.
Download status display.
Where to get portageMaster:
Go to the downloads section.
Developed on/in Gentoo linux + JEdit + Sun JDK 1.4.